Vastu shastra according to direction
In ancient India, folks believed house as a living organism and treated building a dwelling as divine ceremony. Also, they called the spirit dwelling in the house as Vastu Purusha.
As per vastu shastra, separate directions belong to separate Gods that supervise particular sectors of the house. We will now examine the different directions:
- East: East is the governing direction of solar deity- Sun god and most significant direction in Hindu cosmology from where all positive energy springs to brighten the earth surroundings. According to Vastu Shastra there are four cardinal directions recognized as a square and all the four directions have a conjunction point. East is the foremost direction in Vastu which is the place of all auspicious energies, that is why East facing plots are recommended as dwelling place.
- South East: South-east is also called agneya zone, governed by element fire and most suitable place for kitchen and electrical equipments. South-east is ideal only for kitchen and electrical equipments while the major defect is entrance in South-east. This essential zone should be kept free from any Vastu defect so to maintain inflow of wealth and good health.
- South: South direction is the direction governed by Lord of death- Yama, and therefore some inauspiciousness is linked with this direction which certainly makes it unfavourable direction. Although South direction can yield good result akin to North direction, but one has to be cautious while constructing specific place in South as Vastu rules out some particular sections in this direction. He is manifestation of dharma, and eradicates evil forces and bestows good things. It is a source of wealth, crops and pleasure.
- South West: This direction is directed by Niruti, the god who protects us from evil foes. It is a source of character, demeanor, case of longevity and death. South-west being governed by demon is considered inauspicious direction for construction particular sections as per Vastu. However, this direction needs to be balanced with heavy material or weight in order to balance the energies and to yield good results.
- West: This direction is directed by Lord Varun, the lord of rains. He bestows his blessings in the form of natural water-rain, brings prosperity and pleasures of life. West is though have no significance attached with sacredness as it is with East and North but if West is utilized effectively then it yields incredible results with no obstruction wealth and health. The significance of West direction is commendable in terms of over-all prosperity if there are minimal Vastu defects.
- North West: This place is directed by lord Vayu and he brings on us good health, strength and long life. It is a source of change in course of business, friendship and enmity. The direction is one of the important and vital for all living beings because air is essential for survival and change. North-west is the alternative option for making master bedroom after South-west as it helps couple to have right control over the children.
- North: North is ruled by Lord Kubera- God of wealth and Vastu says to keep this side open so as to raise inflow of wealth, success and riches. Vastu has immense significance for two cardinal directions i.e. East and North because both the directions have implicitly linked with divine energy. North is again highly charged direction with positive vibration which it absorbs from cosmos to instill in the surroundings.
- North East: North-east is governed by Lord Chandra or Soma while this sacred direction has ruling element water. This direction is seen as highly charged place with divine energies which is why any construction in North-east is a taboo and ruled out in Vastu Shastra. This direction is a source of wealth, health and success. It brings us wisdom, knowledge and relieves us from all miseries and mishaps.