- Give water homage to Sun in morning in copper mug. If possible you can do this every day but Sundays are compulsory. Offer water to Sun within one hour of Sun rise. Never offer water in Evening or Sunset. You should have taken bath and shall have worn clean clothes while offering it. If you don't want to take bath, at least wash your legs, arms and face with water. Procedure of offering water to sun is:
2) Go to a place where you can see the Sun. In case the weather is cloudy and you are not able to see the Sun, you can still offer water to him by looking towards east direction assuming the lord Sun is there.
3) Make your hands straight and direct the vessel towards the Sun and start pouring the water slowly. Look at the beams of Sun through the stream of water flowing from the vessel.
4) Recite this mantra while you are pouring the water "Om Ghrinim Surya Adityamu"
5) Pour the water with such a speed that before the water in the vessel finishes you should have already recited the mantra for at least 11 times.
6) After the water in the vessel is finished, touch the water which is spread on earth with the fingers of your right hand and touch your forehead with these fingers. Now make your fingers of right hand wet again by touching the water and then touch both your eyes with those fingers and at last again touch the water and then touch your throat with the fingers of right hand.
7) Now you may leave the place where water is spread. Please don't put your feet on the spread water as it is now bestowed from the lord sun and is heavenly.
There are many energy points in our body. When we pay homage to the Sun and recite the mantra given above, the water gets empowered or heavenly. When our body feels this water, the energy points of the body get stimulated giving us a magnificent amount of energy. You should have complete devotion and faith while paying homage to the sun.